Monday, November 23, 2009

Why I Love the Postal Service:

Yesterday brought the arrival of a gigantic, heavy box filled with ice packs and dry ice, protecting the arrival of:

Salmon, Halibut, Cod, King Crab and Moose sausage…from home.

I unloaded the frozen parcels into our freezer, filling it until it nearly spilled out…
Photobucket
…with the exception of one package, which will be thawed out and served up tomorrow.

--

It’s amazing what sentimental value food can hold. Omelets make me think of Saturday mornings with my dad cooking breakfast. Coffee reminds me of my mother. Warm milk reminds me of my sister’s ritual before bed. Fish makes me think of being home.

If I am a few thousand miles away from family, at least I can have a taste of it here.

But for tonight, I will partake in another food I especially enjoy:
frosting
Chocolate frosting (because who doesn’t like frosting?)

No comments:

Post a Comment