Friday, January 8, 2010

And Visions of Snow Days Danced in Their Heads...

Photobucket
Yesterday:

7:30am
Voice on the Radio: We expect 3-8 inches starting this afternoon and continuing until 7am on Friday morning.
Voice in my Head: The conditions are PERFECT.

1:30pm

Voice of a pessimistic 8th grade student, after all middle school practices have been canceled: It isn’t even snowing yet! How is it that they are canceling everything? This storm isn’t even going to show up.
Almighty Teaching Authority: The weather report didn’t call for snow until this afternoon
Voice from student: It is afternoon.
Almighty Teaching Authority: Later afternoon.
Look from student: Unconvinced
Voice in head: Don’t crush my hope for a long weekend! I could accomplish so much with a snow day! Clean the house! Take down Christmas decorations! Work on planning for next semester!

2:00pm
Snow starts

3:00pm
Snow thickens
Voice in head: See, you unbelieving 8th grade students, the snow day IS coming.

4:00pm

Voice in head: The roads are TERRIBLE. Well, maybe just slippery…but the conditions are still PERFECT.

5:00pm

THE SNOW STOPS
Voice in head: It will come back…all the weather reports called for snow—all night.

7:00pm
STILL NO SNOW
Voice in head: So, what was I planning on teaching tomorrow?

10:00pm
STILL NO SNOW
Weather report calls for more snow starting at 2am.
Voice in head: Yeah, right. Like the snow that supposed to be falling ALL EVENING? I should have listened to the 8th grader…

Today:
4:58AM
Text Message: NO SCHOOL

Love it.
Now, where did I put those boxes for the Christmas decorations?

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for snow days! Good luck accomplishing all you hope to. I love the way you write, so entertaining. Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. I just found you because you visited my site and I am glad I did. I love your blog. The pictures are amazing as well. I am looking forward to following your blog.

    Have a great day!

    Sonora - twinfinity.org

    ReplyDelete