Monday, March 8, 2010

Coming Back To Life

Photobucket

I know the almanac calls for a March 21 start to spring, but as far as I am concerned, it started today. The sun was shining, we broke 50 degrees, and the icicle monstrosity finally was laid to rest.

Though the massive amount of snow accumulated this winter is still lingering on our practice field, track started today as well, and the athletes trekked on the streets and sidewalks with the sunshine on their shoulders (causing John Denver to circulate through my mind all afternoon).

You could almost hear our rickety frames circulating back into motion after a long time of being cooped up indoors. Though the trees are still barren of leaves, they are coming. Without notice they will burst with colors, reminding us all that all has not been lost in the months of ice and snow.

There are very few things that can compete with sunshine when it comes to adding a spring to my step and a smile to my face. Though winter was late in coming, it was fierce, and I am more than ready for the changing of the guard.

Can I get an amen?

3 comments:

  1. Just found you through BF. What a great photo! Simple and perfect. :) I love lime flavored chips and fresh salsa, and can't wait to get started on my garden! Will check back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! We dipped 10 degrees and got 2 more inches of snow today... I was not pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Track practice!!! I will have to live vicariously through you and my former coaching partner's Facebook updates!

    Ps. I posted the artichokes on LaPointe of It All

    ReplyDelete