Thursday, April 22, 2010

Finding Rest

Photobucket
I woke up in a haze this morning.


This is a rarity for me. I am a wake-up-before-my-alarm kind of person, awake and ready for the day. I am the girl that falls asleep at 8:00 if I am tired, and was always the first one in bed at high school sleepovers. I have never pulled an all-nighter, and am pretty sure that not going into a profession that demands nighttime shifts was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

So what explanation could be offered for the blur?

Allergy medication has long been a culprit of morning haze. I broke down and took a dose yesterday evening when my throat swelled up like a flaming mosquito bite. I was going out to see my new favorite baby, and I would not be distracted from his infant-smelling goodness by any local pollen.

Track meets and practices have all but taken over my free moments, considering that I’ve almost worked forty hours in the last three days. The beautiful sunshine has been the saving grace of the endless hours, and my body surely has collected its fair share of vitamin D.

The details of moving were the last thing we discussed as Curtis and I fell asleep. After a day of school, track, working out, church, and baby, we crashed into bed and started running through the lists of things that need to be determined for the upcoming move: Apartments. Jobs. Contacts. Dates. Flights. Visits.

So. Much. Stuff.

I fell asleep listing people in my mind that might know contacts that would be helpful in any or all categories…and when I woke up my mind was still spinning.

The details will be worked out, sooner or later. We will find a place to live; I will find a job. Our stuff (whole, broken or lost) will trek 4000 miles across the country to join us, and a summer of garage sales will replenish the goods we leave behind.

In the end, all will turn out just fine.

In the meantime, I will just check things off the (growing) list one by one, satisfied to be moving the right direction, even when the end is nowhere in sight.

1 comment:

  1. Moving is SO stressful, but you're right - it will all work out! Just keep that list by your side (I used to stress out when I couldn't look at it on a whim!) and befor eyou know it, it will all be over! :)

    ReplyDelete