Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chasing the Sun

Photobucket
Picture taken last night at midnight, just before we started descending for landing. It's not very often on a plane ride to watch the sky get lighter, starting at about 10pm.

It was an interesting travel day for me yesterday as I crossed the country (in a fairly inefficient way) hopping from state to state, toting the rest of my worldly belongings from terminal to terminal. The four time zone transition left me sleeping for forty-five minute stints throughout the afternoon (evening?) as I tried to repeatedly listen to the same podcast, each time progressing about ten minutes further.

Now it's 6am (10am?) and though my body says "need-more-sleep" my eyes say "it's daylight! and 10am to boot!" This is a struggle I am well familiar with, as I've made this trek every summer for the last eight years I've lived in the Midwest. Over time exhaustion wins out and the daylight fails to fool my senses into believing I don't need sleep. Unfortunately, this trick takes a few days to fail.

I will hit the ground running today after being in the state for only six hours. On tap for today? Camping with Curtis's new co-workers.

Looks like it's going to be an overcast day, with possible rain, and endless daylight.

And so it begins.

2 comments:

  1. Take lots of pictures! Glad to hear you arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!! And yes, it was dreary all day... hopefully you got some sleep!

    ReplyDelete