Monday, July 26, 2010

Humorously Ignorant

I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent person, but every so often I realize that while I may have some level of expertise in one area, there are other areas where I am seriously lacking. Some areas of expertise include good local running trails, how to keep your grocery budget ridiculously small, identifying the differences between species of salmon (alright, so this one could use some work), and the part of speech just about any word in any sentence might be.

On these subjects I get phone calls requiring my advice on a regular basis...or something like that.

One way that I seem to recently be finding out my areas of ignorance is through attempted humor. Have you ever hung out around medical professionals when they tell jokes? It's like they are speaking their own language.

"And then, this guy proceeds to list all the medications he's allergic to, and specifically asks for a pain medication that starts with D...though he can't remember what it's called. BAHA HA HA HA HA."

Gosh, that was HILARIOUS.

Also in this category? This ad:
Photobucket
That's exactly what you were thinking when you read this advertisement, right?
Used tire, used pancreas.

What an obvious connection.

But you know what took the cake? The grocery list Curtis left me this morning when he left for work:
-eggs
-aftershave lotion
-hair gel
-Docusate Sodium

Awesome.

Guess who knows all the scientific names for everything in the medicine cabinet.

That's right; I can even tell you how to use them in a sentence.

1 comment:

  1. I need help with the grocery budget... big time. We spend way too much money on groceries, most of which we never eat. Help me, Obi Wan.

    ReplyDelete