Friday, September 10, 2010

This is my job, Or working toward more than 83%

A conversation I overheard between a seventh grade student and his teacher:

Teacher: You can't run around the lunchroom.

Student: Do you think you have power over me?

T: Well, I have some power over you.

S: How much? How much power do you have?

T: I am not going to have that conversation.

S: 1%?

T: I am not going to talk to you about how much power I have. As your teacher I have some power, yes.

S: I think you have 83% of the power.

T: I think I have 100% of the power.

S: Oh, crap.

I tried not to laugh out loud.
It was really hard.

2 comments:

  1. That is HILARIOUS!!!! Love it! I love that he came up with 83% - that is so a percentage I would throw out there. Matt can't understand why my numbers are never round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the teacher he was talking to not start laughing in his face?!? I would have lost it!

    ReplyDelete