Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New (Unrecognizable) Self, New Life


I have tried to write on so many occasions since our little one made her appearance. There are multiple unfinished drafts, interrupted by a myriad of moments that are mostly unpredictable. 

She has changed our lives in so many ways, and as we adjust to these changes I find myself more and more at peace with this new rhythm I find myself in. Breaking up my days into 2-4 hour segments of feeding, soothing, and attempting productivity is a drastic change from life before baby. Yet, there is something beautiful about permission to stay in bed all day, watching a vulnerable new human grow and become more aware--sometimes right before my eyes. 

I hope at some point I can record all the thoughts, so fresh in these first few weeks, that come when one  instantly become responsible for someone so needy. For now, I'll leave at this: I just love her. In my sleep-deprived, greasy-hair, scattered-thought self that is sometimes unrecognizable, I still want to keep her and the chaos she has brought to our lives.

It's a beautiful thing. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, congratulations! I've been gone from the blogging world for a good, long time. What a surprise to come back to! she is Beautiful!! Good luck with this new adventure. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete